
Speakin' of Florida lizards, let's talk about gators or, as they're more commonly and less southernly called, alligators (from the spanish el lagarto which means "the lizard") . Yes, those big, scary, left-overs from the dinosaur age. In speaking with my Michigan friend, "Mumma", I've found she is both amused and bemused at our comfort with these creatures. We swim in lakes and ponds and rivers with gators lying up on the banks and beaches of said bodies of water. We also hunt and eat them. And in Florida.. we also have an attraction dedicated to them.
May I introduce you to Gatorland. I first visited Gatorland when I was 11 years old in 1979 (shut up Mumma with your age comparisons!). Gatorland has been around for about 50 years and offers a variety of gator-related activity. Alligator Island, a Breeding Marsh, Jungle Crocs, Swamp Walk and Flamingo Lagoon are but a few of the attractions. There is also a barnyard, splash park, an aviery and, of course, gator shows complete with those wrestling the gators.
May I introduce you to Gatorland. I first visited Gatorland when I was 11 years old in 1979 (shut up Mumma with your age comparisons!). Gatorland has been around for about 50 years and offers a variety of gator-related activity. Alligator Island, a Breeding Marsh, Jungle Crocs, Swamp Walk and Flamingo Lagoon are but a few of the attractions. There is also a barnyard, splash park, an aviery and, of course, gator shows complete with those wrestling the gators.
The prices are considerably lower than the other Central Florida attractions. As with all of the attractions, the prices for Florida residents is reduced during the economic challenges which are preventing real tourists from visiting the area.
Just another oddity you'll only find in Florida.
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I can hardly wait to hear what you have to say. Be sure to subscribe to comments or return to see my reply.