Beware of Nice Weather!

August 16, 2009


Tonight I was standing outside and noticed that the weather was very nice. "Ahhhh a nice comfortable breeze" was my initial thought. This thought lasted but a fleeting moment as reality quickly set in: "I'd better check the weather!"

Yes. It's true. "Nice weather" and "Florida" are not often used in conjunction with one another in my world. Oh sure, snowbirds love the weather. Children may love it.. I'm not sure since I'm not a child. Vacationers seem to love it. The rest of us.. we know the truth.

1) It's always hot and muggy
2) If it's not hot and muggy then we must be having a cold-blast or headed into one.
3) Not hot or cold?? Oh no..better check for a severe thunderstorm or a hurricane!!

Sorry to burst the bubbles of those who think this is paradise. I guess if you feel that 98 degrees with 95% humidity followed by torrential rains is paradise..then OK.. WELCOME TO PARADISE!

At any rate, I did heck the weather. Sure enough I found that there is are two tropical storms "out there". They are Ana and Bill. The first of the season actually so perhaps we're doing well?
But my point remains: In Florida the way to know if inclement weather is on it's way is if you catch yourself thinking "It sure feels nice out."

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I can hardly wait to hear what you have to say. Be sure to subscribe to comments or return to see my reply.

Latest Instagrams

© Life on My Planet. Design by FCD.