Saturday we attended the annual Chili Cook-off in Deland, Florida. We have attended this event every year for about 5 years now. It's a wonderful event with live music, beer, a kids' activity section and, of course, lots of chili!
DeLand is one of my favorite places to hang out. I simply love spending a Saturday in the historic downtown district. Surrounded by 19th century buildings on a beautiful day, underneath a cloudless Florida sky with plenty of warm (but not hot) sunshine is simply perfection!
Here is our day in pictures:
Now that you've visited a little piece of my world, I invite you to travel around the world by visiting other blogs at My World Tuesday!












4 comments
Oh, it looks like such a fun day! And your photos are terrific, Michelle, next best thing to being there! Hope you have a wonderful week!
ReplyDeleteSylvia
Why thank you, Sylvia! I appreciate you dropping by my planet! Hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI have never heard of this place before. It looks like a very picturesque and interesting town. No wonder you enjoy hanging out there!
ReplyDeleteThanks Violet! I lived there for years. The town is so full of history and interesting things to study!
ReplyDeleteThank you for commenting! I can hardly wait to hear what you have to say. Be sure to subscribe to comments or return to see my reply.