Nature Study: Down on the Farm with the Horses

September 17, 2010 New Smyrna Beach, FL 32168, USA

 Today's nature study was at a farm owned by my friend, Robin. My girls have, of course, been to this farm many times and have ridden these horses. Still, they're kids and the farm is always an exciting trip for them.

The girls spent much time viewing, petting and feeding the horses. With our studies this season, we are comparing and contrasting. So we discussed ways the dog and horse are the same and different. Later, we'll fill out Venn Diagrams with this information. Lorelai did start on her notebooking page but then they quickly headed for the beach with their sister. They will also be completing a coloring page as well as their notebooking page on the horse.



After viewing the horses, we went on to other things at Lorelai's request. "Let's look at something not stinky" was the official request. My response, of course, was "It's farm. It's all stinky."  Once we left the horses, we visited with some other animals. We took an album full of pictures but here is a small sample:


This is the one I call "Drama Queen". She's always huffing and kicking the door.



Lorelai was afraid to put her hand to the horses' mouths.
But she warmed up to it.
It wouldn't be a farm without a cat, right?
Join us on a Nature Journal Hop! Visit the links below:
Happy Homeschooling!



3 comments

  1. Hi Michelle, I just found your blog and am your newest follower. I also linked to it on mine. I love nature studies and just happened to start a blog hop/linky post on my blog today.
    I was also happy to see that you are a Floridian as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice pictures. Great job! The horses told me that they had some pretty girls come and visit them and they fed them hay and petted them.
    The critters love to have company. Most of the critters are what I raised myself for the petting zoo I used to own and The horses with the exception of the Drama queen ...and a few ponies are geriatic and here with me till the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great opportunity to learn about horses up close! I am a little intimidated by horses myself so I totally understand not wanting to put your hand up to the horses mouth....those are really big teeth!

    Thanks for sharing this with the carnival and don't forget to go add it to Mr. Linky on the OHC from Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I can hardly wait to hear what you have to say. Be sure to subscribe to comments or return to see my reply.

Latest Instagrams

© Life on My Planet. Design by FCD.